turnlock connector on new pool pump....now what?

Jun 19, 2012
Well we got our brand new pool installed yesterday and today. The pump and filter are sitting 8 feet away from the pool in the middle of the stinking yard, with the cord dangling just above the dirt. I actually checked down at the hardware store for a turnlock-to-3 prong connector so I could just run an extension to it, but I guess that adapter doesn't exist.
I'll be calling the pool place tomorrow, but since they're currently closed I figured I'd see what some internet experts said. I guess I'm assuming I'm supposed to wire up a receptacle for the turnlock? Can I got the plug off the end and replace it with a regular 3-prong, or is that just a stupid move? What's the purpose for the turnlok anyway...obviously it's harder to pull apart, but what beyond that?

Thanks!

That adapter probably exists in an RV store, at an exorbitant price.

The best thing is to get a twist-lock plug and faceplate and replace the regular outlet where you plan to plug in.
Or buy a heavy-duty extension cord and a female twist-lock, chop the cord, and replace the female end.

Thanks....I thought about doing exactly that (cutting up an extension cord), but I wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything "special" about that turnlock connector that would (or should) prevent me from replacing the end. Sounds like that answer is no. THanks.

230619190.jpg

http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=230619190

Check out the price!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.