Old Hayward pump - which model is it?

Onslow

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2010
Kentucky
One of the retaining slots on the lid of my pump broke and I need to order a replacement. Looking at the casing I can see that it is a Power-Flo. Where I'm confused is that there are two different numbers that could be the model. The first are some "mechanized"-looking numbers identical to the type used for serial number and other specifications. It reads SP-1510-175. The other has a more pre-printed appearance and is part of the Power-Flo label that reads SP-125...can't make out the last character. Any help is appeciated as I don't wan't to order a lid for the wrong pump.

Pump lid is leaking and unsuable until this part is replaced. I was thinking of running out to get a mini C-clamp or one of those strong spring clamps with the rubber on the end as a temporary measure. If anyone has any past experience with temp fixes please advise. Could be awhile as I need to order this online (stores around here charge 2-3 times as much as mail order).

Thanks Much!

I believe you're right.

That one was a little pricey but not as bad as what the pool store down the street wanted ($50!)

I found a lid/cover at poolcentr.com for $28 including shipping and O-ring. However if you order from them via amazon it goes down to $22! Weird.

I think it's not OEM but don't care at this point as long as it works.

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.