Hayward Swimpure Plus 40K cell - does my plan make sense?

Prav

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Went to get my "buy 2 get 1 free" CL at Leslie's. Manager said that his goal was to convert me to powder (easier to carry around). I told him that (a) liquid was cheaper per ppm of FC (especially at buy 2 get 1 free) and (b) my CH was borderline high and my CYA was OK and if I needed to bring up I'd just use a puck. His retort was - how about SWG? He points to the Hayward they have on sale and with rebates works out to be what sounded like a reasonable price (for the life of me, can't quite remember). I'm sure I could shop around etc, so let's take price out of the equation. My queries....

(a) Is the system reliable? I didn't see anything negative in the forum, just what seemed to be troubleshooting issues.

(b) Does the following plan make sense: oversize the SWG (my pool is 15k or so) and run over the summer to maintain target (or a bit higher) FC. Keep liquid CL on hand for instant raise in FC after "incidents". Over the winter, run (single speed) pump minimum time for cleanup so that may require liquid suplementing. At least, it looks like I will cut down my summer trips to PS for CL (3 jugs lasted just 10 days due to much higher usage and several of the aforementiond "incidents" - plus crud that washed into the pool after roof and deck were pressure cleaned.

If someone does have suggestions, I'm open to feedback.

Thanks,

Re: Hayward Swimpure Plus 40K cell - does my plan make sense

Compare the prices with the prices on poolnpatio.net. Make sure you aren't getting taken! They have the best prices on SWCGs I've seen. It's not really a "shop around", just setting a baseline.

You'll most likely eventually cut your summer trips for CL to ZERO. You will most likely be making occasional trips for muriatic acid. I keep a few bottles of Clorox on hand just in case, but haven't needed them since my switch.

I believe the SwimPure is the same as the AquaRite, might want to consider that when shopping around.

Ever since I got my 8 gallon liquidator I noticed there was really no need to shock the pool as long as I was good about keeping the liquidator relatively full with liquid chlorine. Im about to switch over to SWG (Pool Pilot Digital) so now I dont have to lug around 5 gallon jugs of 12.5% :)

I made the switch to a SWCG and never looked back. It's so much easier to maintain the chlorine level than adding bleach. It will take a while few weeks to dial in the percentage and pump run time. 2X on poolnpatio.net (got my CPSC 48 from them $750 delivered, even cheaper now.)
In the winter my pump run time is 5 hours or so. When the water temp gets in the 50's your chlorine usage drops significantly almost nil.
Go for the SWCG and don't look back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.