what size is my pool?

Jun 18, 2012
Just received a free above ground pool. Everything is in immaculate condition.
Person I got it from, got it from another person and never got around to setting it up. They said they were told it is an 18', but I hate to order a liner and have it be the wrong size.
Bead reciever and rail are 56" each, and there are 11 of each.

What size is it??

My creative algebra tells me it is in the 24 to 26 foot range, but don't go by me. The best way to tell would be to lay out the bead receiver in a circle and measure it across the circle at the widest point.

Welllllllllllll...........if you have 11 pieces that are 4'-8" long each, that would create a circle with a circumference of 51'-04". That assumes absolutely NO overlap of the pieces. If they all overlap an inch or so each or fit into each other that much.........that would leave you a circumference of about 50'-0 wihich would equal a 16 ft. round pool..... MAX. The circumference on an 18'-0 round pool would be 56'-06". Somebody check my math!

zea3 said:
My creative algebra tells me it is in the 24 to 26 foot range, but don't go by me. The best way to tell would be to lay out the bead receiver in a circle and measure it across the circle at the widest point.

Hmmmmmmmm...a circle has a widest point! Pretty sure she meant to measure the diameter...............not just any random chord.

woodyp said:
Welllllllllllll...........if you have 11 pieces that are 4'-8" long each, that would create a circle with a circumference of 51'-04". That assumes absolutely NO overlap of the pieces. If they all overlap an inch or so each or fit into each other that much.........that would leave you a circumference of about 50'-0 wihich would equal a 16 ft. round pool max. The circumference on an 18'-0 round pool would be 56'-06". Somebody check my math!

Agree with math.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

They don't overlap at all. Actually when the bottom rail sits in the pieces for the legs, there is about a 1/4" spacer in there to keep them from contacting. 12 legs, so 12 1/4" gaps is another 3" so 51' 7"?

mdiam1980 said:
They don't overlap at all. Actually when the bottom rail sits in the pieces for the legs, there is about a 1/4" spacer in there to keep them from contacting. 12 legs, so 12 1/4" gaps is another 3" so 51' 7"?

If You're close to right-------the diameter is 16'-6. Odd duck I think.

That's what I see too jbliz.

I get 18.1 feet, so I would assume 18' is right if their are 12 "cords" that end to end measure 56.25" (adding the 0.25" between). By the way, I adjust my calculation to account for the fact that your measurement was end to end and not the length of the cord, though not adjusting gave me ~17.9 feet, so that would have been enough to figure it is 18 feet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.