Another swamp to pool project in the works

nitronick said:
Looking at the pictures above, I can see that the diverter valve before the pump is drawing from only one intake. Turn the handle towards the pump so it is drawing from the skimmer and the bottom drain. Disregard if you have already made the adjustment. I'm just going by the picture above.

Listen for any air leaks, especially around the pipe unions. The one by the pump would be my first suspect for the bubbles in your pump basket. There should also be an air bleed valve on top of the filter to get rid of the air in it.

Putting the diverter valve in the middle did the trick for now, Thank You. We still have air entering the system somewhere, but this allowed us to get the pool vacuumed. It looks darn good if I don't say so myself. From swamp to almost perfectly clean swimming pool in eight days is better than I hoped for. The neighbor lady and her grand kids are a happy bunch.

Thank you all.

Once I track down the leak, I will update again.

The pool has been open now for about 10 days and everything is going pretty well. The chemicals are in balance and I am at the point that all I only have to add some bleach and baking soda every 2 to 3 days. I am still having some problems keeping suction when vacuuming, but I am working on it. All in all, the owner and I are very happy with the pool and we are looking forward to a great July Forth party tomorrow.

I have learned quite a lot during this adventure. The two most important: the folks at troublefreepool.com have the answers, the nitwits at Leslie's do not but they will pretend they do. Were it not for Leslie's, we would have been under budget for a routine opening. Pretty good considering we had to rent a trash pump and do almost two full water exchanges on the first day. Still, tomorrow will be a fun day in the sun and you fine people had a lot to fo with that.

Thank you,
OkieJay

Okiejay said:
The pool has been open now for about 10 days and everything is going pretty well. The chemicals are in balance and I am at the point that all I only have to add some bleach and baking soda every 2 to 3 days. I am still having some problems keeping suction when vacuuming, but I am working on it. All in all, the owner and I are very happy with the pool and we are looking forward to a great July Forth party tomorrow.

I have learned quite a lot during this adventure. The two most important: the folks at troublefreepool.com have the answers, the nitwits at Leslie's do not but they will pretend they do. Were it not for Leslie's, we would have been under budget for a routine opening. Pretty good considering we had to rent a trash pump and do almost two full water exchanges on the first day. Still, tomorrow will be a fun day in the sun and you fine people had a lot to fo with that.

Thank you,
OkieJay
Great Job!! Now stick around and help answer questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.