Pool Order

biagio

Jun 17, 2012
OK I know this is asking a lot..but after a few shady salesmen in NY Ive decided to go against my beliefs and buy a pool online at poolsupplyworld.com..Id spend the extra 2 or 3 hundred dollars more to keep the money in my community if only we had one store that wasnt filled with used car salsemen selling pools..
Im asking for any suggestion on the list below...I thinking salt water would be the way to go for me. am I missing anything except for a good test kit?

Hayward AquaTrol Salt Water Chlorine Generator for Above Ground Pools with Optional Hose and PVC Pipe Connection
SKU:AQ-TROL-HP 649.99 1 $649.99

Sharkline Matrix 15' x 30' x 54" Oval Above Ground Swimming Pool
SKU:pMATYM153054RRRRRS 2574.99 1 $2,574.99

15' x 30' Oval Unibead Caribbean Above Ground Pool Liner - Depth - 54"
SKU:LI153054CFU 326.99 1 $326.99

Pentair Sand Dollar SD40 Sand Filter System with 1HP Dynamo Above Ground Pool Pump with 150lbs of Sand
SKU:pNSD0040DE1160-S 549.95 1 $549.95

15' x 30' Oval Above Ground Pool Peel and Stick Liner Cove Protection Kit
SKU:pC1530OV 59.99 1 $59.99

15' x 30' Oval Above Ground Premium Pool Wall Foam Kit
SKU:WFKIT-1530 84.99 1 $84.99

15' x 30' Oval Liner Armor Above Ground Pool Liner Premium Protection
SKU:LLGP1530OV 90.99 1 $90.99

Ocean Blue Mighty Step 30" Outside Safety Entry System
SKU:400900-400600 379.99 1 $379.99

Polaris 65 Turbo Turtle Above Ground Pressure Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
SKU:6-130-00T 179.99 1 $179.99

15' x 30' Oval Clear Solar Cover Supreme 12 Mil
SKU:CLROVL1530-12MIL 131.988 1 $131.99

PolarShield Winter Above Ground Pool Cover 15' x 30' Oval - Blue/Black - 8-Year Warranty
SKU:MS1530OV 35.99 1 $35.99
Subtotal: $5,065.85

For the filter, the SD40 is small for your pool at 1.8 sq. ft.. Our recommendation would be a ~ 2.2 sq. ft. mininum sand filter. The SD60 is 2.3 sq. ft.

For a pump, if you are willing to buy seperate, a 2-speed pump is a great idea. Something like the 3/4 dynamo 2-speed would be a nice fit.

If you wanted to save money over that approach, this combo would be a decent choice: http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/pool...llarcombos/system/products/PNSD0060DO2260.htm Pump is seems a little big, but can be run on low, and on high is really more like a 1 hp per mas985's post here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/newbie-looking-for-experienced-feedback-t44193-20.html#p361615.

This is exactly the reply I was hoping for..thank you linen..I saved alot of money already by going through pool supply world and making the kid swim in a cold pool like I did so im a couple grand under budget anyhow//however the larger sd60 filter and dynamo two speed pump are actually less money..im confused...you somehow saved me money

biagio said:
This is exactly the reply I was hoping for..thank you linen..I saved alot of money already by going through pool supply world and making the kid swim in a cold pool like I did so im a couple grand under budget anyhow//however the larger sd60 filter and dynamo two speed pump are actually less money..im confused...you somehow saved me money

biagio - I was looking at the combo linen posted and the difference over what was in your quote is the 2260 (2 speed SD60) doesn't ship with sand. It looks like poolsupplyworld doesn't offer that option through the website but I'm hoping they will by calling in and ordering. I want the 2 speed for electrical savings but I'm betting my LPS won't come close to their prices on sand, especially 250 lbs of it.

Generally run on low speed and only use high speed for vacuum and backwashing or maybe a water feature.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Im about to go ahead and put in my order..I have two weeks off from the ever famous McIntosh Labs here in Binghamton..anyway quick question..Im going with the sd60 and 2 speed dynamo combo as recommended by linen above. Im aloso going to go with the hayward aqua trol rj "return Jet" chlorine generator..here is my question t
the dyanmo comes with a twist lock cord
the aqua trol has an outlet for the pump so they cycle together..but its a strait blade
is there any reason why I can just wire a strait blade plug onto the pump..I know how to but what has made me think twice is that the 2 speed pump is the only pump with a twist lock and there is no schematics I can find,
I assume its just a typical 3 prong
twist lock version of the aqua trol is 100 bucks more..I guess I can go with this version..maybe a better idea

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
that was another question..I can find anywhere how the speeds on this pump are controlled..thats why I was wondering if the twist lock on the pump was a four prong for the second speed.

Hi biagio and welcome to TFP! :)
I just put up a 21' round Swim N Play 'Princeton'
IMO I would skip the wall foam if your going to have a bunch of kids or rowdy's in the pool.
I bought the wall foam and at the last minute decided not to install it. One of the reasons is if the pool wall ever gets hit with any kind of object it could rip or puncture the liner when you have a soft backing behind the liner. One reason is also the load of the liner on the walls are different than the bottom.
I did install it on the bottom of the pool and went just under the stick on foam cove.
I do think I made the right choice for me now that the pool's up I clearly see this point. Already had a possible hit, the kids were doing who knows what and broke off the overhang pool night-lighter (mounts on the liner rail and under the top panel) and was dangling by the wires.
Bottom is nice and don't think anything will be able to hit it hard enough to get a puncture and the water force has it compacted really well.

You can think about your situation, might be different for you.
Chuck

thanks supertune that is a good point..I was actually thinking of wall foam to retain what heat I have here in the north..but I am picturing my 8 year old jousting with the screening pole.

biagio said:
thanks supertune that is a good point..I was actually thinking of wall foam to retain what heat I have here in the north..but I am picturing my 8 year old jousting with the screening pole.

That is a good point. I would hope someone with more knowledge as how much you might benefit from heat loss...
Chuck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.