ordering my test kit

wyntyrose

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2012
Phenix City, AL
We are set to close on next week on our new home/pool. So I want to get my kit ordered I will be ordering the tf-100 but as the pool is a swg (no clue on the maker) so do I need to include the salt test and if so which one the taylor or the strips. and yes I am getting the speed stirrer :-D

Getting salt test strips a good idea, but not essential on a brand new pool. The Taylor kit is more difficult to use. Start with the strips and switch to the Taylor kit if there are any signs of problems with the readings from the strips.

I bought the salt strips. But i haven't used them yet don't know if/when i will need them. From what I read it boils down to the SWG and it's own reading. If the SWG reads that you have a proper salt level, then everything works, if it says it's wrong than it doesn't generate Chlorine. Doesn't matter what the strips tell you.....I do have a display that tells me what my SWG is reading, if I couldn't see that number i might want to use the strips, but then again it doesn't really matter.....the pool calculator can tell you how much salt you should add to get your pool where is needs to be http://www.poolcalculator.com/

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.