Our new inground liner does not seem to fit! Any ideas?

Darken

Jun 18, 2012
Hey Everyone,

Love this forum and am hoping someone can provide some insight into our inground liner concerns.

We went to install our new 28 mil liner into our Grecian style inground pool today and found it did not seem to fit at the deep end. Using a vacuum did pull the liner to the walls but leaves a 'bowl' at the deep end so that is not resting on the bottom or the coved sides. It literally sits up 2-3 inches off the floor...the shallow end and slope to the deep end is fine.

We talked to the manufacturer and they said we need way more suction then our two shop vacs (4hp and 3hp) could provide. However it seems to me the liner should at least touch the bottom to some degree even before we add suction. We have a coved deep end so the walls are sloped as they go to the pool floor. Would a much stronger vacuum really be able to pull the liner to the cove and deep end floor??

I know the liner will stretch as water is added but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is normal or perhaps the liner was not cut 'deep' enough? I was OCD about my measurements and they are correct on the skematic the liner manufacturer sent us...but I just couldn't believe that it was normal for the deep end to be 'raised' in the air like this prior to adding water. I don't want to add water until I'm sure the liner can handle the stretch...

Any information you could provide would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Welcome to TFP.

I'm not going to be much comfort but if it looks good and the seams look right, I'd start adding water. It'll stretch to fit and not be a problem.

The mfg's probably right the shop vacs might not have enough flow to suck the liner to the pool. A lot of air leaks in around the liner in a pool when vacing the liner, so it doesn't surprise me that they don't move enough volume to overcome the leaks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.