Aquarite Current Limiter repair in lieu of PCB replacement

Jun 18, 2012
From what I've read, these current limiters seem to go out on the PCB of these aquarite units frequently. Mine is currently cracked and has been going out the last few months. I managed to get a few more months life out of the thing by gently bending it slightly to one direction. But, now my PCB keeps coming on/off on a regular basis so I know that this solution won't work for long. I ordered a new PCB board from Amazon. In the meantime, I'd like to try ordering the current limiter from Digital Key and seeing if I can't try to get a new current limiter soldered on. But, I am not a solderer and do not want to attempt this myself. Any suggestions for who I can get to do this for me? I live in Arizona if that helps (Tucson).

Also, it seems to me that there has to be a solution to this thing constantly cracking and burning out. It's a poor design in my opinion. Has anyone attempted to contact Goldine/Hayward to see their thoughts on this issue? I am currently on hold with them but will discuss this and let you know if I hear anything of value.

Re: Aquarite Current Limiter repair in lieu of PCB replaceme

How about a friend that knows how to solder? If you don't have one stroll down to the local radio shack and ask around. They may be willing to do it for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.