2 lines in the skimmer?

Molson

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 15, 2008
Midland, Ontario
I was filling the pool after removing the cover, enjoying a cold beer and decided to peek at the skimmer. While I was there, I removed the Gizmo (Why can't I invent such simple things and make a ton of cash?)
I noticed that, other than the line teh gizmo was sealing, there was another typical plug in there. Should I remove that one too? I was under the impression that there should only be one line in there.

Ok great. Thanks John. I think I am ready to fire the pump tonight. I am only missing one plug (I think) for the top of the sand filter, at the waste line, possibly an air release. The previous owner was very meticulous about keeping everything in one place, so I cannot see him losing this important piece, so I am thinking It doesn't get a plug.

You can get a special gizzmo that has a tire valve stem which can be pressurized with a bicycle pump or air compressor to keep the water level in the main drain below the frost line. You pump it up till you see air bubbles coming from the main drain.

Quick follow up. Turns out the missing "plug" was the sight glass bottle. I wondered why he had a little bottle in the basket. :)

Everything is on and working good. Seems the Baracuda isn't working as it should, but I'll figure it out. I have a leak around the filter top (band) and also where there was a patch applied at the pressure gauge, needs more goop. Running a constant 20 PSI from startup. Clear, but cold pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.