Seem to be losing a lot of FC Lately

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
Pool gets full sun from about 9-10 am to about 5 pm in the afternoon. After 5 the pool is about half in sun for about another 1 hr. I am losing about 3-4 PPM per day which seems excessive compared to past summers when it would average around 2-3. I have passed the OCLT and my water is very clear. The following are my test numbers. I am thinking about maybe raising CYA from 30-50 as here in Texas water seems to evaporate like it is nothing due to the 90+ temps and humidity 80% and above. I know it is the summer time as I do not get this much evaporation during the winter. I also need to get my CH bumped up to around 350 as well soon. The biggest change I have had is changed from a DE filter to a cartridge. I did upgrade the size of the cartridge filter vs the DE filter. I had a 36 square foot DE filter and stepped up to a 425 square foot cartridge filter.

pH-7.2
FC-6 (added bleach this am, was 7 yesterday morning and did not get to test last night. It was 3 this am when tested)
CC-0
TC-6
TA-100 (bumped up from 80 since I was seeing pH drift up quickly)
CH-200-225
CYA-30

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.