UGH! I'm THAT guy. PICS!!!

Don't forget...dig down to level wit the lowest point. A cut and fill where you move dirt from the high side to raise the low side can cause problems... not always but not worth the risk.

I doesn't sound like you are doing this but just making sure all readers understand.

After we got everything level, we put down the foam board. This was a good idea since we didn't use sand (we should have) because it minimizes the imperfections. We taped the boards together and put the pool on top. It was 2:30 PM by this point so we turned the hose on to see how well we did. Long story short, it is still off by 1 inch, but we are happy with it. We didn't use blocks for the legs, we just put them on the foam board. The foam is holding up pretty well, but in the pool you can feel some high and low spots. Not perfect, but definitely functional and more safe than before.

After all, this is my trial run for my 26' pool next season. :-D

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 51
techguy said:
Don't forget...dig down to level wit the lowest point. A cut and fill where you move dirt from the high side to raise the low side can cause problems... not always but not worth the risk.

We found the lowest point and dug the high side down to that point. I appreciate you double checking though.

Next year, I will have my site professionally leveled and use sand. Definitely a learning curve involved here!

Couple of points. I would place blocks under the legs. They don't have to be pavers. I have 3/4 inch plywood under my legs. And where you say you are an inch low, put 2 blocks. That much blocking on top of the foam won't overstrain your liner. Or you can cut the foam out to fit the blocks (except on the low side).

In my yard I dug a trench around the pool in a square shape and then put boards down level in the trench and secured their position with dirt. I then just carved what I needed too out of the high ground an walla. Instant level. It took 4 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.