Opening first time with BBB.

elesar

Jul 21, 2011
Finally got TF-100 and would like feedback please.
FC = .5
RC = 2.5
TC = 3.0
Alk = 90-100
PH = 7.2
CH = 80
CYA = Doesn't register in tube. Did alot of water replace ment last year and this spring.

Water is cloudy light green. Just removed cover for first time. Still scrubbing walls but almost no heavy debris. Added 3 182 oz 6% to shock for mustard as that was problem last year.

Question: Should I continue to keep CYA low? What are the pro's and con's of doing so?

Thanks in advance.

Bring the CYA up about 20-30....that is ideal for doing the shock process. Once the shock process is complete, you should probably bring CYA up to around 50ppm.

You will need a lot more chlorine to finish the process of shocking your pool. read "How to Shock Your Pool" up in Pool School.

I don't like dichlor for the shock process, but that's your call. Without CYA, the chlorine is quickly consumed by the sun.

I cannot predict how much chlorine you will need but it's ALWAYS more than you think you will need

Good evening Duraleigh.
Went with Cal-Hypo to add some hardness but got TA a wee bit too high @ 135. Now PH is creeping up which has never been a problem before. CYA is at 45 so I'm keeping my FC high @ around 10. Have crystal clear water until pool is used. Then gets cloudy, but not opague. Alot of the cloudiness appears to be residue from the Cal-Hypo, which is taking awhile to clear up. PH was 8.0+ last night and 7.8+ today. Added 16 oz MA to bring PH down a tad. Nasty stuff. Should my PH be fluctuating so quickly with my high TA?
Oh, I will need to be ordering more regeants. Let me know the process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.