Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi All,

I've been working on building a working Frankensquirty from a 360 which I just rebuilt, and a 380 + hose that a friend had for parts. I changed out the feed tube, and that seems to plumb up fine on the 360, but it seems "slow" compared to when I had the 360 feed hose in it.

(Just installed a polaris booster pump, and was running the 360 thru that just fine.)

When I'm trolling thru the parts - it looks like the water management systems are probably different b/c of the different pressures expected in each configuration, (I'm thinking that the jets on the 360 would be bit wider than on the 380, so maybe I need to change out the WMS in the 360, and then it will be identical to the 380?)

Anyone ever done the conversion?

This is what I know is different so far:

1) high pressure wall mount
2) top feed tube
3) WMS (differernt part numbers)9-100-7010 (380) vs 9-100-7014 (360)
4) hoses

Is there anything else that I'm missing?

--Adrian

Nothing better than answering your own post - definitely have to change the WMS, the jets on the 360 are about 2x the size of the jets on the 380.

this is what needs to change if you are converting a 360 to 380 ...

-change out the WMS from 9-100-7014 (360) to 9-100-7010 (380)
-change out the top tube from 9-100-1002 (360) to 9-100-7003 (380)
(I'm suspicious of that 360 part number - I think that poolcenter has a typo in their online catalog)

360 was going slower b/c the orifices are bigger on the 360 wms - so less velocity from the larger orifice at the higher pressure. (this just makes me want to laugh - so I'll stop right there ...)

thanks to all who read ...

--Adrian

Nothing but what I noted above - make sure to grab another WMS, and you should be good to go.

--Adrian

Converting from a 380 to a 360 you'll need to change out the internals as stated above, and replace the feed hose including wall fitting and backup valve. You will also need to plumb in a three way diverter valve to regulate water flow from the filter to the pool returns, and the Polaris return. Before doing this, know that the 360 will be running the entire time the main pump runs, so parts will wear out faster. They also typically need frequent adjustments for correct flow.
Good luck with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.