Adhesives, glues pvc to fiberglass

Jun 17, 2012
Hello All,
I have an in ground pool. The bottom of the pool has ten pop up sprayers to clean the pool. I am replacing the distributor portion of the pop up cleaning system. It has a label in the middle of ther clear top, Master. I was able to find the exact replacement.The device directs the pressurized water to each of the five pairs of pop ups in the pool. The distibutor is made of a dense material and does not appear to be pvc, maybe fiberglass. It is gray in color. I intend to attach 1-1/2" schedule 40 white pvc to the unknown distributor material. I want to know which type of adhesive or glue i need to use for a strong bond. The device operates at around 25psi. The existing device leaks from the joint where the pvc joins the device material. I do not want to have the same leaking situation when I am finished. The devicve is also located after my pool heater. So occasionally the water will be hot. Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Spencer6

Welcome to TFP!
Can you post a picture of the valve in question? If we can identify the manufacturer, a quick call to them or search for the manual should answer your question. Why are you replacing the valve? Usually it's just the gear mechanisms that wear out, and those are pretty easy to change out.