Just checking my numbers

Kelleyaynn

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Wilmington, DE
I am SO glad I found this site! You all have been very helpful from the time I was asking questions about the pool before we bought our house, to getting the pool up and running, and trouble shooting some mechanical issues. My water is crystal clear and sparkly!! :whoot: I had to do some water balancing (upping the CH and CYA) and now I only have to add about 2 - 3 quarts of bleach every other day. My pool gets a lot of sun, and it was using up bleach like there was no tomorrow until I raised the CYA.

Anyway, I just tested everything, and here are my numbers:

FC - 4
pH - 7.8 (just added a bit of muriatic acid)
TA - 100
CH - 320
CYA - 45

I didn't test CC, but it was zero two weeks ago, so I didn't worry about that. My only concern is the CH at 320. It's within the range on pool calculator, but it is on the high side of the range. I was told my pool was 25,000 gallons, and it seems that when I add chemicals for that amount, the numbers go up higher than expected, so I think it's actually a bit smaller than that. I'm starting to experiment with using less chemicals and putting a smaller pool size in the calculator to figure out where my pool responds best. I think that's why my CH is that high. I added almost the amount that was supposed to get it to 260 and when I tested the CH again it was 310. I'm guessing I should just leave things alone for now, as I'm not having any problems, but is there anything I should watch out for?

Thanks,

Kelley

Your CH of 320 is just fine. Many people operate pools successfully with CH ranges approaching 800 or so.

Your situation would call for nothing special.....enjoy your pool and enjoy the fruits of your hard work in getting all your parameters in such good shape!

If you really wanted to tweak something, you might try adding enough CYA to get close to 60ppm and see if your chlorine consumption will reduce (although it's not too bad just where it is)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.