Newbie in Utah

Jun 15, 2012
Hey everybody,
I have been reading the site for the past three weeks to gain some pool knowledge. I was brought here by a search about PristineBlue.
We bought a house over the winter and with the house came an above ground pool, Yaayy!? With a 2 year old and a wife that likes to swim, we figured we would give it a go.

The previous owners left everything they had for the pool, and in that was 3 bottles of PristineBlue chemicals. I was origanally attempting to find more chemicals and a how to use, until I stumbled on this site and read all I could about it. Needless to say, I have started my journey to BBB and it began with a TF100.

The pool has had the winter cover on it until yesterday, I setup the filter and filled the pool from being winterized.

Here are the initial test results after the fill and running the filter for about 4 hours.
PH - 6.8
FC - 1
CC - 0
TA - 40
CH - 800 and still purple??
CYA - less than 20..

I will continue to research but look forward to any advice you would like to provide.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. :lol:

1. Bring your pH up to about 7.2 using 20 Mule Team Borax.

2. Put some bleach in your pool to get to 3-5ppm for now.

3. Please test the CH in your fill water and report that back.

Ok I got the PH up to 7.2 with the borax.
Used 44 oz of 6% bleach and the TC did not change, so I just added 44 oz more of bleach.
The TA is now 50.

Water Temp is currently 68*F.

The source water CH tested at 250

The source water CH tested at 250
I would start to do partial drains and refills to reduce your very high CH. It will take some time but you should target trying to get it down around 400.

Even then, please keep your pH and your TA on the lower side of normal to eliminate any possibility of calcium scaling.