Serious help neede

Jun 17, 2012
Water is barely being pumped in and out of my system. Filters are clean. I'm not losing water so I believe there is no internal pipe issues.
I have replaced O ring on pump lid. I have replaced O rings in Jandy valve. Pump is a 8 year old Jandy. Can the pump just be bad and the be the cause? I don't think I have a leak so large that the pump is barely trickling water in?

Welcome to tfp, [email protected] :wave:

Do you have air in your pump's leaf basket when running?

What is your "clean" filter pressure and what is your pressure now when the pump is running?

Does your pressure gauge read 0 when the pump is off?

When was the last time you backwashed (if you have a sand or de filter)?

I think you need to focus on the suction side. For you have multiple pipes to try to isolate a leak?

Recheck the pump lid is well lubed and the pump drain plugs are secure. Is there water in the skimmer?

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Is there a shut off valve anywhere on the suction line, (pipe from pool to pump), do you have a skimmer or just an under water suction port, or both?

Have you checked to make sure something is not blocking the suction port, or that the skimmer basket is not clogged?

Depending on the level of your pump in relation to the pool, gravity should pretty much get water to the pump, if there is not a blockage.

More info on your setup would be helpful.

I was having this problem also..I backwashed my system for a minute or so..then rinsed the set back to filter..I would crack open the leave basket with the pump off and it would fill with water..it took several times doing this to get it to run normal. When I would first turn it on..it would look like it was going fine, then in less then 10 minutes the flow would go way down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.