DPD Powder Question

phlach

Jun 15, 2012
After a few years of pool ownership, I just recently found this great website and have learned more in the past few days I did of reading than I have in the past 3 years trying to read other sites. What a great resource!

After reading for not very long, I realized that if I really wanted to understand what was going on with my water, I needed a better test kit (had been using the basic Wally World OTO kit). I recently ordered and just received a Taylor K-2006 kit, and have a quick question about the DPD powder. I know from your great "pool school" page that one rounded dipper in 10ml is fine, and the measurement of the powder does not need to be precise. This is good, because the dpd "powder" that came in my kit seems a bit more granular than powder. Some grains definitely larger than others. Inevitably there seem to be at least a few grains that refuse to dissolve in the testing tube. Is this typical? Did I get a bad batch of "powder" or is this granular texture normal? If there are a few "slow to dissolve" grains in bottom of the tube, but the water is nice and pink, should I be concerned? Would it throw my test results off to have a few grains slowly dissolving while I perform the test?

Thanks in advance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.