Cloudy water

Bobswe

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2012
Cinnaminson NJ
Completed an aa treatment and gave a dose of 2 qaurts of proteams metal magic yesterday. Water and liner perfectly clear today what a relief, so I thought. I added 18 oz of an algaside that contains no metals and it got pool cloudy with minutes. Is that normal and can I still start raising ph immediately. How long would a cloudiness due to algaside take to start to dissipate to a clear pool again?

Bobswe:

What is your TA? The amount of chemical (be it Borax, Washing Soda, or Soda Ash) needed to increase pH depends on your TA (and Borate, if any). I would test your TA and input that along with your pH into the Pool Calculator as well as the # gallons in your pool (21,000 in your case). No need to test Borate level unless you use borates; if you do, then test & input borate amount in Pool Calculator as well. I would trust the Pool Calculator calculations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.