16 x 28 vinyl liner- 17,000 gallon

FC-2.5
CC-0
TC-2.5
TA-130
CH-180
PH-7.5
CYA-30

Thinking that the Alkalinity is too high? Do I had baking soda? The Pool Calculator doesn't say to add anything.

Thanks.

If it were my pool, I would leave TA alone. If you chose to lower it, do so according to the article in Pool School.

Far more important is too keep a watchful eye on your chlorine and do not let it dip much lower. I would replenish it back up to 4ppm now.

What does your water look like?

The water is crystal clear! I added bleach according to the pool calculator. I just didn't know if my son's red eyes last night were from that or just constant opening of the eyes underwater. He's 4. I'll just keep it where it is and make him wear his goggles.

This website is great and we are enjoying our brand new sparkly pool. Thanks.

Kate

TA is not bad.
ktsciscio said:
Thinking that the Alkalinity is too high? Maybe a little bit but not necessary to worry about. Do I had baking soda? Baking soda will increase your TA further. The Pool Calculator doesn't say to add anything.

Thanks.

The only way to get your TA down is to add Muriatic acid to lower pH then aerate your pool water to help bring pH back up. This article, Lower Total Alkalinity, explains the process well.

I also agree with duraleigh. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.