Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm not sure which is worse......

While brushing the pool I saw a bit of green growing on the walls under the ladder. I called me wife out to take a quick look, and she agreed that there was something there. Bums me out, as this is the first issue we've had after swapping from Baquacil. I'm not going to worry much about the OCLT, as I just tested the water (zero CC's) and brought it up to shock level. I'm just going to be pro-active and treat whatever as algae.

The other bad news......
As I was adding the chlorine, I spilled bleach on my new pair of shorts! My wife's going to KILL me!!!

Leebo said:

While brushing the pool I saw a bit of green growing on the walls under the ladder. I called me wife out to take a quick look, and she agreed that there was something there. Bums me out, as this is the first issue we've had after swapping from Baquacil. I'm not going to worry much about the OCLT, as I just tested the water (zero CC's) and brought it up to shock level. I'm just going to be pro-active and treat whatever as algae.

The other bad news......
As I was adding the chlorine, I spilled bleach on my new pair of shorts! My wife's going to KILL me!!!
Naturally, your pool will be fine with your tending to it. :goodjob:

You, however, well, let's just say I have my doubts :shock: :shock:

I mean, really, NEW? NEW shorts? :hammer: :hammer:

....she says as she slinks off with a tank top, denim shorts and flip flops that all have old bleach spots....... :oops: :roll:

Don't beat yourself up Leebo, it happens to all of us. I'm trying to get a vacation out of my last bleach mishap. I splattered some on my favorite Pineapple Willy's shirt a few nights ago. I told hubs we have to go back to Panama City Beach soon so I can get a new one. LOL

Might want to check under your steps, make sure nothing is living under there. Remove them if you have to. I had to power wash/bleach steps before as there was a thick sludge of green hiding in there.. nothing could have killed it, it needed to be removed.

I did pull the ladder out for tonight....as that's right where the green was on the wall. My gut says I just haven't been brushing well enough and on our vacation a small bit formed. The ladder was clear as I scrubbed every bit last year after swapping from baquacil. I'm planning on a rag and some bleach again this year too just in case.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Brushed the heck out of the walls today and shocked once again. We lost 3FC from 7pm last night until 5pm tonight. A 0cc reading also. I'm not able to do a OCLT do I'll take a loss of 3fc's all day long. We normally lose about 2 per day, so took it to shock just in case. Family is coming over for fathers day, so I'll just keep it at shock level until Monday. :)

Leebo said:

The other bad news......
Sorry I can't help with the pool thing, but it is good to see you are still with us! :sun:

Guessing the wife either didn't find out where you hid the new shorts, or she doesn't know the combination to the gun safe, or she was very forgiving?

Butterfly said:
....she says as she slinks off with a tank top, denim shorts and flip flops that all have old bleach spots.......
Anyone besides me notice how small the letters are she used to post that?

Butterfly, you know how everyone loves pics...we are waiting, giggles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.