Newbie question

Jun 13, 2012
So I have been looking around and the hard pipping is awesome. I want to try this but seems that I am having an issue finding the screw on collar like the hoses to the pump and filters. Are these a standard size or is there something I am missing? I was able to make an adapter to go from my skimmer/filter/pump housing to a plunger valve then a hose to the pump, going all pvc is what I really would like to try to do. I have been looking through and cannot find the post that talked about the special adapters. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry about that..I have the intex 2650 gal sand filter/ pump. The pool is a 24' summer splash soft side pool. It had the through the wall skimmer/filter/pump that stopped working..I purchased the sand filter/pump and I made a pvc adapter so that I could attach the sand filter to the pool. I am looking to completely hard pipe and get rid of all the hoses, but I have been having a problem finding the threaded "collars" that attach the hoses to the pump, the filter, and the plunger valves. I am wanting to make it all 1 1/2" pvc.

Sorry about the bad post. Hope this clears some of it up.

I got pipe and elbows and the ball valves..what I am trying to really find out I guess is how do I make the attachment to the pump and filter and plunger valves so that I can take it apart in the winter. The guy at HD could not help me. and it seems that the threads are not a standard size.

I made the adapters I used the grey adapters that I sanded and used the threaded collar from the old hoses and have done from the filter to the pool the problem I have is at the pool I am connecting to the intex plunger valves. When I open the valve it starts to leak out around the threaded collar. I made a gasket out of neapren material I purchased also. One thing I am learning..i need more then 2 hands. Any sugestions on the collar? I am trying to make it as straight as possible also, so I don't know if that would matter or not. Should I tape the threads also?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.