My first conversion

Okay first test:

PH - 8.0
TA - 330
FC - 0 (expected value)

Added muratic acid to lower PH to 7.5 and got the fish eye breaking the surface to aerate and hopefully lower the TA.

Added 250 Oz of 6% Chlorox.

Pics later...posting from my phone due to no Internet at home right now. :(

Just make sure your ph is down 7.2-7.4 range, then stop worrying about ph and TA until you are at the end of the process. The ph test is not accurate above 10 ppm FC (it reads high), so make sure you are adjusting to a valid ph (again, taken when FC is below 10 ppm).

First test today...

FC-2 (200Oz bleach added)
pH-7.5 (no adjustment)

Pool is clearer today.
But the rain is making out a pain to test and add chemicals.
If this keeps up I won't be smoking any meat for fathers day. :(
Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk2.

I have a question:

When us it safe to use the pool during this process?

I've got four kids and a wife that demand an answer from me....so far I've just said when its all done.....but is that accurate?

I mean....pH is in range....FC its at shock level (15ppm)....is that safe to swim in or what?

Sorry for the noob questions.

(mods...feel free to move this to the correct forum if needed)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I'm in the middle of my conversion....still shocking...FC still drops overnight and CC been hanging about 2.5 for a day or two.

Tonight I test after sundown:

FC - 0
CC - 0.5 (is this test accurate with FC at 0?)

Add bleach to bring FC up to shock.
30mins later:
FC - 21.5 (My pool must be a little smaller than 7500 gallons as calculations for shock always bring me above the 15ppm.)

Just really wondering about the CC test when the FC is zero...is it accurate?

Thanks all.

If I am reading correctly, you lost about half of your FC level overnight. That means you are about half way done with the conversion. At this point it gets less efficient to add chlorine during the day. You can get the conversion done most quickly if you continue adding chlorine all the time, but you can save a significant amount of chlorine, and money, if you only add chlorine in the evenings.

That's what I started doing a bit ago...i was Still losing FC overnight.....but the pool is looking better than ever.

I'm at about 15 of the 182Oz bottles of bleach so far..... :)

So I'm now ready to change up the sand in the filter. After that I'll be adding some hth CYA crystals.

Plan to continue shocking until CC are down and I pass the OCLT.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.