Question about the Blue Diamond automatic cleaner

Buggsw

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 22, 2007
Arizona
I just received a new Blue Diamond RC cleaner. I will put something in the review section once I've had it a couple of weeks.

I know someone on here has one - maybe CarlD?

I ran it through one cleaning cycle and I have noticed a couple of problem things. It seems to get caught on my wedding cake steps, sort of cockeyed and cannot free itself. I'm also wondering about when it climbs walls. It often seems to fall over backwards or comes up too high and sucks air.

Is there anything I can/should do about it? There is no troubleshooting guide in the manual.

(One thing I already know I do love about it - it handles my 10 toe stubbers and the main drain cover with ease - what a relief!)

I have a blue pearl - I think it is the baby brother of the Diamon, it works great. I had bought a Dolphin Dynamic and got rid of it after a week - what a piece of Crud. The remotes are a nice toy, but not really needed. The pearl does my entire 20 x 40 pool is 3 hours.

I was all set to order a Dolphin Dynamic from Costco when I found poolforum and read some of the reviews. I hadn't read anyhing bad about the Blue Diamonds, so that's one of the reasons I went with it. I would have gone with the Blue Pearl, however, I've had such bad experience with other cleaners getting stuck on the main drain and toe stubbers that I thought I just might need the remote. Hindsight, I probably wouldn't have needed it.

I don't have the Blue Diamond so I can only chime in about the Blue Pearl. It has been a great cleaner for my 18x36. It doesn't get stuck on the stairs or drains and cleans the pool very well in the 3 hour cycle. Please do post a review of the Blue Diamond after you've had time to evaluate its performance.

Thanks,

Kevin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.