First test results with the TF-100

Jun 14, 2012
PA
So i started my OCLT last night. Heres what i got.
7.5 FC
0.5 CC

This am i wake up and i get
4.5 FC
0.5 CC

The rest of my numbers look like this.
7.2 ph
140 TA
200 TH
40 CYA

My water is crystal clear with just a little bit of dirt on the bottom middle. i thought that was the dead algea, but maybe it is alive.
Should i start the shock process today and do another OCLT tonight? and how big of a deal is it that my FC went from 7.5 to 4.5?

I know i have 2 out of 3 taken care of in the shock process so i know i'm pretty close. This stuff is all new to me, this is only my second season with a pool and first after seeing this site. is the shock process my next step?

There are obviously some kind of organics in the water consuming chlorine. You should shock the pool, which means raise to shock level today and repeat the OCLT tonight. Brushing, and perhaps vacuuming, the entire pool is also a good idea.

[center:chl5iunf]
file.php
[/center:chl5iunf]

You know what you need to do... If the water is clear, it should only take a day or two. And if you think it's clear now, wait 'til you see what it looks like after a week of being perfectly balanced!

nipping as i type. i added 350 oz of 6% about an hour ago. just tested now i have 14.5 fc and .5 cc. i am almost to the shock level. i'm going to add more 6% to get it above 16. i do have one question. can i brush the pool while i'm waiting an hour or so to test again?

ok so i finally got my FC level up to 17 (16 is the shock level) and my CC is still at 0.5. I'm going to give it one more hour above shock level, then let it come back down and do another OCLT and cross my fingers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
it came down a bit to 15 this last hour. i'm starting to see a bit of brown stuff forming on the bottom of the pool, so i'm guessing its killing stuff. i added more bleach to get it above 16. drained all my bleach supply, pun intened. gotta go refill.

tested one last time tonight and came up with this:
14.5 FC
0.5 CC
7.5 ph
110 TA (down a bit from a couple days ago)
TH:200
CYA:35ish

I'm very happy with those numbers. I think they are reasonable.

I can see i need to vacuum tomorrow when i get off of work.

Heres a picture of what it looked like earlier today:

IMAG0509.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.