New cleaner.. now the install

danwig52

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 25, 2008
Austin, TX
I was gifted a Hayward Phantom and booster pump for Christmas, but I have a dilemna. I have an inground vinyl pool, but I am not the original house owner and dont know who installed to pool. Believe it or not I have called 3 pool services about installing it, and nobody has called back (bad sign? they didnt even get to quoting me a price), so I might have to take it on myself. My dilemna is that it is an inground vinyl pool.. so should I:

a) refit an existing return with the proper nozzle, run line from where it junctions with the other returns back to the pump at the equipment or

b) drain the pool enough to get at existing return levels, and put in a new one (bothers me to try to put a hole in a 3 year old liner)

Any sage advice??

make a new return or i think they make an over the wall kit i know that polaris used to have one
you would use a garden hose to run from the equiptment to the pool and than elbow down into the water although having hoses around the pool like that people will step on it or trip over it
so i would go with B

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.