New Here. First post. BBB and SWG question.

Jojo4A

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2012
Moundville, Alabama
Hello, first post :-D . I have been reading and learning. So glad to have found you all! Plans right now are for an inground vinyl, 18 x 36 grecian, sport, 3.5 each shallow ends, 5' 6" in the middle. Cantilever coping, liner over stairs on one end, bench with jets on the other end. Dig to start last week of June. PB says it will take one week. All the references say it will be more like 10 days. All references very happy with PB. This will be our second pool, first with SWG. Pool School is really great. I am a little confused. I am sure once it becomes hands on, it will make more sence to me..... But if I have a SWG, do I still use the BBB. On our last pool, we just took water samples to the pool store and added what they told us. I think with the help of this group, we should be able to handle it :-D

Sorry, i did have a question hidden in my first post. Forgot to add a question mark :oops: With a SWG do we still use the BBB method or is it different? I know the SWG will convert NaCl to chlorine. Is there a place for the other two B's with this system? I am sure it will make more sense to me once we really get started.

BBB is really about understanding you pool's chemistry and using accurate testing to only add what your pool NEEDS and not what the pool store wants to sell.

You should still get one of the recommended test kits ... the process and routine is the same you just will not have to haul as much bleach.

Also you may or may not ever need to use baking soda or borax.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.