Deck plans for 21 round..anyone have any plans?

May 6, 2012
Endicott NY
Well I just finished the electrical for our new 21 round AGP, and passed the electrical inspection today! Now I'm ready to do the last project, a simple deck. I'm just looking for something like a 12x12 or something close. Anyone have any plans fora solid deck? I have seen some free ones on line but looking for other ideas. Suggestions and ideas welcome.

Thanks,

George

rpm90001 said:
Been there..But would like to see non floating plans. Anyone use the floating deck system? Comments on them?
I actually built one from that site a few years ago - dead easy, and loads of fun. Came together with absolutely no problems, very solid. The plans are excellent, easy to follow. All 4x4 and 4x6 and deck blocks. Holding up very nicely.

If I recall the number of blocks is calculated to prevent sagging, there's a maximum distance between blocks that you must use to prevent this.

What is neat about this construction technique is that the ground does not have to be flat. Mine was built on very uneven terrain, you just put the blocks on the ground and cut your 4x4s to height. Dead easy. One thing though, if you go this route (floating deck) don't attach any part of it to a fixed structure (like the house).

We are building deck for 27' and had few plans to pick from. I went to google and bing image, typed phrase "above ground pool deck" or similar until I found pics I liked, printed them and came up with our own design.

Have you tried homedecks.com.

I am in the middle of building two sections (of the 18 for a full round) on my 21' foot round. The DeckPlans instructions are pretty good. I have been able to get this put together this week. I got a deal on some composite decking to make the cost pretty reasonable. You simple build the frames (2x6s), set them on top of the piers, level the blocks and then add the 4x4 legs. Cross braces (2x4) and the decking provide most of the strength. It has gotten more sturdy/stable as I progress. There was no need to level anything except what is under each pier. I am building it about 1/2 inch below below the bottom of top seat cap. I am going to add a section over the top rail to protect the top seats.

I have an existing deck the goes around 45% of the pool about 3 feet from the top of the top seat. It was installed by a deck guy and the composite decking is great. It's been there about 5 years and I have not had to do anything to it... no sanding, staining/painting... nothing. Just hose it off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.