LED bulb keeps glowing after X10 remote switch is OFF

iom

May 30, 2012
Tempe, AZ
I have the 120V circuit for the pool lamp. It is on GFIC breaker. The on/off/dim switch is an X10.
The fluorescent, incandescent bulbs work normal. The LED (dimmable) bulb keeps glowing after the switch is off. I do know that X10 switches do leak some minimal 0.001A because they are always watching for an incoming signal. But why is the LED glowing and it does it rather visibly even in bright sun - at night it illuminates the pool.
How to deal with that?

I have installed dozens of x10 systems and the only one that will not "leak" current is an "appliance" module ..which I think is what BR is refering to ....it's been several years since I have used X10 so the design might have changed ...Some of the modules used to have a "service mode" which there was a little slide switch you could activate and that would block Current, but not really sure about that ....its been a while .....x10 is pretty cool ....hope this helps ....otf

SOLVED :party: :
Bought at Radio Shack 100k - 1/4 Watt resitors pack for $1.28. Installed one resistor accross the white and black wires in effect shorting across the 13 Watt (120V) reflector bulb.
This provides enough current to keep the X10 wall switch happy and stops the glow the LED bulb. I have no doubts that something still flows through the bulb but it results with below Forward Voltage level for the LEDs (they are diods so they have some threshold cut-off Vf).
When I turn the wall switch on - everything works fine - for how long is the question.
Interestingly the GFIC does not react to this at all.
I wonder what will happen to the resistor if I take the bulb out. I'll do the calcs some day.

iom said:
I have the 120V circuit for the pool lamp. It is on GFIC breaker. The on/off/dim switch is an X10.
The fluorescent, incandescent bulbs work normal. The LED (dimmable) bulb keeps glowing after the switch is off. I do know that X10 switches do leak some minimal 0.001A because they are always watching for an incoming signal. But why is the LED glowing and it does it rather visibly even in bright sun - at night it illuminates the pool.
How to deal with that?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.