Cloudy Pool. About to lose my mind.

Apr 13, 2011
Hi, I've read her for a while but have never posted and now I'm at the end of my rope. So here I am. I've read pool school a couple times and I'm still perplexed :hammer: . We have an inground pool we've had for eight years now. This year it seems to be one thing after another and the pool still isn't clear. We opened it about three weeks ago. We tested the water and thought we got everything situated but the water is still cloudy. So, while it's still not the green swamp it was when we opened it, it's still not to where it should be. This is even after we changed the sand in the filter (It had calcified and the water wasn't filtering right). So, I'm posting my test results below and any guidance would be appreciated.

FC - 4.5
CC - 1
pH - 7.6
TA - 180
CH - 560
CYA - 30 (I filled tube and could still see the dot)

Thanks in advance for all of the help.

CC is above 0.5 and the water is cloudy so you need to shock the pool. Before that, if you filled the CYA view tube and could still see the black dot your CYA level is certainly lower than 30, probably closer to zero. You should raise your CYA level up to around 30, and lower the PH to between 7.0 and 7.2 and then [shock:3o2m1piu]properly shock the pool.[/shock:3o2m1piu]

Thanks, I've got the PH down and the stabilizer is about where it needs to be. I didn't want to add too much stabilizer at once in fear of adding too much. I'm going to start the shocking process tomorrow and hopefully in a few days we'll be on our way to a clear pool!

Everything seems to be going good. After three days of shocking we can finally begin to see the bottom in the deep end! In the process of shocking though we used all of the testing drops for Chlorine. We have a K-2006. Does anybody know of the best way to go about replacing these? Anywhere online? Thanks in advance for the help. I appreciate. The end is in sight!

tyler1012000 said:
Everything seems to be going good. After three days of shocking we can finally begin to see the bottom in the deep end! In the process of shocking though we used all of the testing drops for Chlorine. We have a K-2006. Does anybody know of the best way to go about replacing these? Anywhere online? Thanks in advance for the help. I appreciate. The end is in sight!
http://tftestkits.net/cart.php?m=produc ... ds=&venID=

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.