Trouble Opening

Jun 14, 2012
I am having trouble opening my pool for the season, becoming very frustrated as I have already missed a couple of weeks of a short Canadian summer.
Bottom line is that the pool was a 'swamp' about two weeks ago and now it is a cloudy light/greenish blue color. Here is the breakdown:

I have a 21ft above ground pool, 50000 litres of water.
I added two litres of SHock treatment which turned the water blue but was still cloudy. I took my water sample in added the reccommended Calcium and Alkalinity along with Stabilizer. Two days later I was worse off so I added a bottle of Clear, waited 24 hours, vacuumed, no results. Last night I added a 1 litre bottle of Floc, ran the pump for 6 hours, then shut if off for 18. The pool is now a light green and I can barely see a foot below water level. I just vaccummed for 30 minutes but have to stop as the water is below the skimmer so I thought I would join this website while I top up the water. I am hoping to find the answer I am looking for.
My next step is to drain the water and fill it up, missing yet another week at least!

Any reccommendations please?

Welcome to the forum :wave:

First, we need test results and also how you got them.

Start reading in Pool School (big white button, top right on each page) and you will put yourself on the path to a trouble free pool :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.