Where is the Best Place to buy chemicals...

Dec 25, 2011
Charleston, SC
As a newbie I was wondering the best place to buy chemicals...

I found Govex.com has some great prices for the
Taylor Kit $49 ( I already got mine but it might make sense to buy the whole kit when I am running low on various bottles?)
Muriatic Acid 2 gal $10
DeIcer Excel 50# Cal Chl $20.89
CYA 10# $38
All Reagents $3.96

PS I haven't placed an order yet but its looking like with a big shipment, my total shipping is still $10 no matter how much I add or take away. Doesn;t look like there is any express shipping though. Looking to get feedback from others before placing an order. Anyone used these guys?

Sams is the cheapest I have found for:
Chlorine Liquid Bleach (3 jugsx182 oz) $8.65 (Still looking for high conc of chlorine sold online or nearby)
Baking Soda 13.5# $5.90

Still buying Soda Ash and Borax at Walmart in small sizes which is tedious. Don't know where to go for bulk in those...

Can anyone share their best prices they have found for all pool chemicals? Thanks!

Re: Best Place to buy chemicals...

You need to make sure your kit has the FAS-DPD chlorine test. The K-2005 will not, the K-2006 will. I suggest tfttestkits.net for the kit.
I get my MA at Home Depot, Lowe's, or from my nearby Leslie's COMMERCIAL branch. This is not the place people go to get pool stored.

How much borax are you using? Is your pH and TA swinging around so much that you need all that baking soda, soda ash, borax, and muriatic acid on hand? If so, something's wrong!

It is swinging a bit and I atribute it to my newness and not doing the right things. I am not using a whole lot of the borax and soda ash but I will use a whole box of it at a time when bought at Walmart. Things are not stabilized yet....I really need to find where folks get their CYA though. That seems to be the priciest thing so far. I also was not ready for how much Chlorine I would need.

mrswhitsie said:
Also found this...
https://govex.ngap.com/product.aspx?zpid=2449419
10% Liquid Chlorine...4 gallons $30 (512 oz.)
Price per oz = 6 cents

Not sure if its better than Sams at $8.54 for 3 containers of 182 oz. (546 oz) at 6%
Price per oz - 2 cents...but it is weaker concentration....

Which one would you buy?

$30 for 4 gallons of 10% is insane. I get that for $9.99 which isn't great.

JohnT said:
mrswhitsie said:
Also found this...
https://govex.ngap.com/product.aspx?zpid=2449419
10% Liquid Chlorine...4 gallons $30 (512 oz.)
Price per oz = 6 cents

Not sure if its better than Sams at $8.54 for 3 containers of 182 oz. (546 oz) at 6%
Price per oz - 2 cents...but it is weaker concentration....

Which one would you buy?

$30 for 4 gallons of 10% is insane. I get that for $9.99 which isn't great.

Insane good or Insane bad? Do you get 4 gallons for $10? Can you share where you get it? I'd like to get it cheaper if only I knew where.

I was just to post a topic just like that. I am looking for CYA as well.

OP, your pool is a step up from mine. How much bleach did you need for initial treatment and how much do you use per week? I know mine will vary but its a ballpark which is all I am looking for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.