Can cold water affect speed of Polaris 360??

ivyleager

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 6, 2007
Raleigh-Durham,NC
Hey y'all. Water quite cold still, put the Polaris 360 in the pool this weekend. It just seems to move very slowly primarily in the deep end, tail also very still and not a lot of sweeping action. Turned the knob for the tail without much success, but only turned it a smidge. I'm chicken, and afraid I'll screw something up. I don't have a dedicated pump, just hook up to one of my returns. Worked like a charm last year. I've checked the little hose filter (clear), added small eye ball to second return to increase pressure which I did last year, no major issues with loss of pressure at hose connections either. Moveover, I can't find the manual. Anyone out there have any experience with this issue?

Thanks.

CaryB

The polaris 360 manual can be found online. I don't have the link but I looked at it a few weeks back. You should be able to find it with a google search.

If memory serves the wheel rpm should be between 28-32. If yours is lower than this, you may have to plug at least one of your returns when you run your 360. I know I had to always do this with mine. Also if your filter needs to be backwashed the performance of the cleaner will suffer. Good luck

Manual found!!!!!

Well, it's better but I'm still not satisfied. I put the smallest diameter eyeball in the 2nd return (used the middle sized one last year), cleaned skimmer basket, backwashed sand filter, turned pressure relief valve to a more closed position, and PSI on filter gauge is only 22 psi. Last year it was running around 30 or so.

Wheel RPMs are 32 so that's running okay. Thrust jets are fine, thrust jet adjust is set at 11 oclock, but is still doing about 75% right turns so I'm thinking of shifting to the 1 oclock position to see if that helps. I've readjusted the hose floats as per manual diagram.

CLeaner just now made it into the left shallow end. Never made it here for last 48 hours, as evidenced by debris still down all over that section. Rest of pool bottom was clean.

I'm willing to tinker with it some this season. But, if it continues to drive me crazy, I'll turn it into an object for target practice (just like my old polaris 65).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.