Thanks all for giving me courage!!

pisceanwoman

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 17, 2007
Rockville, MD
I am like several other folks who have posted here recently. We bought a house with a pool (vinyl liner, 18,000 gal, one skimmer/one return, with a sand filter), but no manuals or instructions. The previous owner told me it was a piece of cake to maintain, but without any directions, I felt lost!

I learned a lot last year about the chemistry aspect - by the end of the summer, I felt like I had it down. But the plumbing and mechanics scared me!!

I had a service open and close last year - I wanted to have them orient me to the works, but I didn't have time with either servicing.

So, I read a lot of the threads here, and downloaded the manuals for my pump and filter, and then pulled off the cover and got to work. Found the plugs in the return and the skimmer, found the drain plugs for the pump and the filter (the pool service had "hidden" them in the skimmer of the pump)- and after reading and rereading the manuals several times, I finally figured I had everything OK, and ..... I plugged in the pump and .... IT WORKED!!

YAY!! :-D

What a relief!! our pool service was only charging $300 for the opening, but that's $300 bucks in my pocket - for about 3 hours of work (and a little anxiety!!)

Anyway, without finding TFP, I don't think I would have had the nerve to go for it, so Thanks!! I'll be back in the fall to figure out the closing part - the one thing I don't quite understand is how to put the anti-freeze in the pipes???
janaki

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.