My current readings are:
FC 3
CC 0
TC 3
TA 120
CH 110
CYA 0
I have introduced 56 oz of CYA in a sock, about half way dissolved
but too early to test. Will check it Sunday at the 1 week mark.

Water is clear and sparkly. Do have a few leaves to remove this evening.

I am going to switch to SWG and I have a couple of questions.

1) do I first bring everything to the recommended levels for a SWG? Or leave them in the liquid chlorine pool range and adjust the levels after the fact?

2) Just for clarification: As I understand it, I should put the salt in, brush it around some and leave the pump off
for 24 hours. Then start the pump and set the SWG for either run time or desired chlorine level.
(I believe my SWG uses run time.) I also know to start the pump first, wait 15 or 30 (I'll double check) minutes then start the SWG and when turning them off I go in reverse order.

3) I will be out of town for 3 days beginning Friday and my husband will be handling the pool in my absence. Would it behoove me to wait till I return to make the switch? He's a smart man and can handle it so, please don't misunderstand. The sun is killing my chlorine because the CYA is not quite up to par just yet . I was hoping that if I make the switch tonight/tomorrow, that the SWG would make his life easier while I'm gone. He has arthritis in his knees so I'd like to keep his walking/lugging chlorine jugs to a minimum.

4) I also just realized that my TA 120 is high for a SWG pool but the pool calculator isn't telling me to lower it. Should I lower it to 80? If so, shouldn't I lower my pH to 7.0 -7.2. Then aerate till pH goes up to 7.6? The rinse and repeat till TA is between 60 and 80? (Yes, I have been reading but would like to make sure that I understand what I'm reading.)

Thanks everso,
Angie

1) Either way will work, though I recommend adjusting first.
2) Leave the pump on for 24 hours after add ing salt, and the SWG off.
3) With low CYA, the SWG won't be able to keep up. But it will reduce the amount of chlorine you need to add manually. But you do need to wait until 24 hours after the salt addition to turn on the SWG.
4) Yes, you have that all right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.