Tear on liner just above the water line.

basti

Jun 13, 2012
Hey Guys, I hope everyone is well. I’m new to the site so please bear with me. I’ve got this tear (actually not 1 but 3) on my 18X36 inground pool. I went to my local pool supplies and got a quote for a new liner with installation for about 4 grand. Unfortunately, I don’t have this money right now so I’m thinking of patching them for now if this is even possible.

I would appreciate it if anyone here can share your experiences. I’m a DIY person so I plan to do it myself I just need some guidance. Here are some pictures that I took. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks so much everyone. Love the site by the way. It’s awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 103
Looks like it's time for a new liner. I found a close-out liner partern for less than $900 of course you can't be picky doing it that way.

Then I had a guy install it for about 1000 we probably could've done it ourselves but I had never done an in ground pool liner before, and he took the old liner and disposed of it.

Don't do the swap during a heavy and wet season wait till it's dry and don't keep the liner out for very long.

I guess it wouldn't hurt much or cost too much to try and patch........and then see how it holds.......if that doesn't work then you know it's time for a new liner.........and we also purchased a closeout pattern and installed ourselves........wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and we saved over $3000.....so that was incentive enough for doing it ourselves.

Ok, nothing you do is going to look that good, the best you are likely to do is find a remnant of a similar pattern and cement it in place. With luck it will hold for the swim season, but do plan on a new liner before long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.