Light leaking

cooper

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
Long Island, NY
I think that my light is leaking. Water level keeps stopping at half way through the light and I can't see any rips in the liner. Through what I could search out on the internet I'm assuming it's the niche that is actually leaking. My pool guy said it could be due to my ph not being perfect and some sort of plug corroded out. He said he could probably epoxy it but also asked what kind of deck is above the light (concrete slab).

Anyone have any experience with fixing a leaking light/niche? What are the odds that my worst case scenario of having to break up that concrete slab and go at it from the backside could come true? Is there any way to replace an entire niche from the inside of the pool?

Thanks

Often, it's a combination of the gasket and the conduit leaking. Most people seal the conduit around the wire at the back of the housing, and replace the gasket. It could also be the interface between the liner and the housing. I doubt you'll be breaking any concrete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.