Pool vacuum recommendations??

Jun 3, 2012
Folsom, CA
The pool vacuum that came with the house keeps getting stuck at the bottom of the stairs, and it's tail also does not wag :)

My pool guy said that he has done all that he can to fix this, and recommended a new pool sweep. He said that ours is a pressure system, and recommended Polaris 360. Amazon lists that at about $350. Before, I throw that much cash on this vacuum, I wanted to hear what others are using and what the consensus is on here (if any).

Thanks in advance.

Do you get a lot of debris in the pool? If not, maybe you can get by without a robotic cleaner. Your pool is 11,500 gallons, which would not be too large to vacuum by hand. Our pool is 33,000 gallons, and I could generally get by with the basic vacuum attached to our skimmer. And I only vacuumed once every other week for about 45 minutes. The only time it was not sufficient was right after opening, after Hurricane Irene and again toward the middle of fall, when the leaves started falling.

I did just buy a PoolBlaster Max, but that was as much so I could vacuum without using my skimmer. Otherwise, it was much too difficult to clear out dead algae. I have only used it twice, but was happy enough with its performance, particularly at a price of $150.

totalnoob said:
The pool vacuum that came with the house keeps getting stuck at the bottom of the stairs, and it's tail also does not wag :)

My pool guy said that he has done all that he can to fix this, and recommended a new pool sweep. He said that ours is a pressure system, and recommended Polaris 360. Amazon lists that at about $350. Before, I throw that much cash on this vacuum, I wanted to hear what others are using and what the consensus is on here (if any).

Thanks in advance.

People on here like the 280 over the 360, but it requires a separate booster pump. If it is getting stuck it may not be backing up properly. It may just need a part. It is geared so every so often it goes into reverse before going forward. Another alternative (depending on where your stairs are) is to shorten the hose so it cant get to the stairs. But the tail not wagging is possibly indicative of it being broken.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.