jandy actuator setup for intake

kostia

Jun 30, 2010
Hi,
I have a pool and a spa. 2 lines for intake 2 lines out. 2 Jandy Actuators on each of the sets. Currently my output actuator is setup to put out 2/3-3/4 to pool and the rest to the spa when in Pool mode. 100% to SPA when in SPA mode of course.
I used to have intake actuator setup the same way. I was doing pool remodeling and intake was setup to be 100/100 i.e. either Pool in pool mode or SPA otherwise. In this scenario I believe I need to setup an individual cleaning cycle for the SPA. Is this what is recommended or should I adjust cams on the actuators to split rotation 1/4 x 3/4 when in Pool mode and 100% block pool intake in SPA mode?
Thanks

I am not following. I are suggesting splitting the suction side?

Generally splitting the suction side is not a very good idea as you may end up draining the spa if it is not at the same level as the pool and you are not returning enough to the spa.

With the spa spill over you are getting circulation through the spa so the water should be ok ... except you may get dirt settling (which apparently is the problem). I think the safest would be to have a short spa only cycle.

Although now that I think about it some more, if you were sure you had more water going in to the spa than sucking out, that could work ... although I wonder if you get enough water movement to actually get the dirt out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.