The truly disturbing part is that the first answer CITES RICHARD (chem geek), arguably one of the most respected posters on this forum. Obviously, the answer cites him incorrectly (which is to say, it says he's saying something he isn't), but most readers will never realize that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I recently had a pool party and several people commented how good the water appeared and felt. Several said this was the first pool they had been in that didn't irritate their eyes. Funny, considering that I use bleach as my chlorine source although keeping the water balanced with regard to pH and TA in particular also helps.

LOL is right. Kind of scary too.

My wife's friend at work has a small pool business and he installed a pool liner for me. His son was there with him also. While alone with his son, I asked if he'd ever used bleach as the chlorine source. He said- no, bleach is too strong don't use that. I said- oh yeah(I resisted)...and slowly walked away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.