My Chlorine Feeder

Nice job. Looks like you've put a lot of thought into the installation. I will add a few thoughts based on my experience for you:

1) Bulkhead at the bottom of the bleach tank. It's not a question of if this will fail and leak; it's a question of when. Normally I would recommend using a peristaltic, self venting diaphragm, or diaphragm with vent valve and pull from the bottom of the tank with no bulkhead. However, I don't believe the pump you have is self venting and it may be less expensive to just buy a garbage can as a secondary containment to prevent leak damage than to add a vent vale to it. The lid will keep rainwater out.

2) The tubing you are using appears to be vinyl on the injection side and white LDPE/HPDE on the suction side. Neither one of these is UV stabilized, and the vinyl isn't very bleach resistant. The vinyl will get cloudy/sticky over time and eventually leach bleach. The white will get brittle and crack from UV exposure. I'd recommend replacing both with black HDPE which is UV stabilized. I assume you've used the clear on the injection side so you can see when bleach is flowing. Just add a flow indicator to achieve that. http://blue-white.com/Products/flowIndicator.htm Even with the black tubing, count on replacing it every couple years.

3) Keep a close eye on the pump for leaks. The diaphragm in that pump is famous for leaking. If you catch it early it is easy to fix and no big deal. However, if it leaks unchecked it will get into the motor and ruin the pump.

I am trying something new on there. I put that split loom plastic (normally used for wires) around the clear tubes to protect it from the sunlight, we will see how that works out...

Also, not sure what you meant about the venting and such, but the lid has a build-in vent on it..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.