New Plaster with Low Calcium

TylerB

Jun 7, 2012
Franklin, TN
We had our pool built last winter and water has been in for about 6 months now. Even though my water has remained clear, I have been struggling to get water levels balanced over the past couple of weeks. It has become very warm here in Middle Tennessee and plenty of teenagers have been swimming as of late.

Here is what I've done so far:

Before:
FC 0
pH 8.1
Salt 2700

Added Shock (SWG couldn't produce enough so decided to add this), Muriatic Acid, and obviously Salt.

After:
FC 3
pH 7.8
Salt 3100

I did all of this over the course of a few days. I understand that the pH may remain a bit high until the plaster is fully cured so I'm not too worried about the 7.8 at this point.

What concerns me is:
CYA is 0
Phosphates is 300 ppb
Calcium is at 140 ppm.

I'm worried about adding too much chemical for all the corrections to the new plaster. I have some Calcium in the garage but am very hesitant to add this now.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Get your CYA level up to at least 30 right away.

Ignore phosphates. They don't make any difference if you maintain appropriate FC levels.

It has been six months since the pool was plastered, so it is well past time to bring the CH level up. Raise CH to somewhere around 300.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.