TFP Newbie! Milky water now after starting to shock.

Since you are adding liquid chlorine to make up for the demand not met by the puck/sticks, wouldn't it be easier and more cost effective to provide all of the chlorine required by adding liquid only and skip the puck? You know how much you add each days and is low, you add it. You also know its not changing your other values so you are not continually adjusting for them also.

You're probably right, I guess I'm still making the transition from old school to Pool School... For some reason i think in the back of my mind the chlorinator is necessary...

Alright, I'll let the cholrinator run empty and convert to strict BBB!

Okay, next piece of the puzzle... So I went to buy stabilizer, and while I was there I decided to have them test the water just for fun... I told them I didn't think I had any CYA and he looked up my results and said that the last 3 tests were 100, 100, and 80 (way above what I was showing) so that I was decreasing and that might make sense. So I'm standing there while he does the test and he says, yeah you don't have any CYA. but then the other employee leans over and says no, he's got lots of CYA... then they start to argue and get confused... Next thing you know they write down 80 as my CYA number... 80! After close to zero to start with... So there you have it, anecdotal evidence that CYA testing at pool stores is a crapshoot...

Needless to say I bought stabilizer and more reagents to do my own CYA testing and I'm doing the sock method as we speak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.