can my 18x48 round metal pool be hooked up to saltwater pump

G

hello, im really hoping someone can help me i have a summer escape pool, ive had it bout 6 years now i love it its durable. i want to put a saltwater pump on it though because im haveing problem keeping it clear. has anyone done this, its hard because of the big opening on the side of the pool i read about getting a kit to put at bottom where the pump is but not sure CAN SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE THIS HELP ME...I WILL EVEN PUT A SAND PUMP IF NESSESARY... :p

Re: can my 18x48 round metal pool be hooked up to saltwater

I would recommend that the SWCG and pump be separate, that way if one goes bad you don't have to replace the whole thing. Search the forum, lots of users have made that mod. There is an adapter that hooks to the skimmer.

Read POOL SCHOOL and have a look at this link http://www.troublefreepool.com/useful-links-for-fellow-intex-pool-owners-t29612.html I know it says Intex but it will help guide you along.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Re: can my 18x48 round metal pool be hooked up to saltwater

We added a pump, sand filter and salt water generator to our Summer Escapes pool. (We got a great deal on the pool, end of season with a friend that retired from Walmart purchasing it for us. We spent more on the upgrades than on the pool itself.) We took the old pump apart and took out the impeller and all the extra bits out then used the old pump connection to connect it to. You can find the conversion kit but we were working with what we had and could find locally.

I really suggest upgrading the filter to a sand filter. They work so much better than the cartridge filter that comes with it! You can add the Salt Water system if you want, but the sand filter makes the biggest change in keeping the pool clean. We did add the Salt Water system and I love it. Since I do the upkeep, I try to keep it simple. You really do need to get a good test kit too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.