pool cleaners and vinyl over vermiculite-HELP!

Hi All,

I have an older Polaris with a standard 3 wheel config; am looking at upgrading to a tanktrax model as they are (I'm told) easier on the vinyl liner. Unfortunately the contractor I used in redoing the pool did not do such a great job in smoothing the vermiculite base under the new liner. In just 2 years I developed small holes (significant enough to affect water levels over a day or two) from the friction of the drive wheels on the vinyl. I have also looked at the Hayward models that use water propulsion as opposed to moving wheels and am looking for a little guidance to avoid more liner issues. Any ideas would be appreciated..........

There's been other reports of other vacs wearing holes in the liner.....I'm not sure it's limited to one brand.

I'm not much help here.....I will tell you that my suction-side cleaner has little rubber feet that vibrate to propel it......it absolutely doesn't wear the liner but, then, it doesn't clean worth a darn, either!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.