Liner Install

Mar 21, 2012
NC
Well, I broke down and decided to hire someone to finish my pool project. I dug the deep end and got the pool put together and of course Tropical Storm Beryl turns from heading South, and decides to head North right along the Carolina coast. Soooooooo, I battened down the hatches, escaped with minimal damage, but enough to set me back significantly, and I called someone to do the rest. Here is my issue.

I try not to tell people how to do their jobs, but the liner was installed yesterday. I read the directions, and it shows to just lay the liner over the wall and have slack in it, start filling with water, kick the wrinkles out as it is filling, then tighten the liner up as you go. My problem is the pool guys kicked the wrinkles out pretty good, but the liner is pulled super super tight on the wall. To the point it is coming off the wall atleast a foot about half way down. And the seam is about a foot up the wall. Definitely not resting midway on the cove. Which is how the directions said to do it. The pool guy said the liner will stretch into place, but this cant be trial and error. I have attached a picture, but you can really see it. Has anyone had there liner installed in this manner? I am just a little worried. I approached him, but he said it was OK.

Pool.jpg

I will give that a shot. I stopped the fill with about 2 inches of water in the pool side to side. So the deep end is full and there are a couple inches of water in the bottom. Cant wait to get home. I go on vacation starting this Friday, so that should give the pool time to warm up nicely before we get back to swim in it : ) Thanks Bama. You would think they would have taken care of that : o

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.