One main pump
One heater
Spa (with pump valve and a drain valve)
2 skimmers/valves
1 main drain valve (always closed)
Aquarite chlorinator
1 waterfall valve
Phantom cleaner w/ booster

Think thats it. Won't need to have automation on the drains. So, that'd leave 2 skimmers, the spa and the waterfall, although the first skimmer valve, when closed, will close the second one as well (to operate spa directly).

Would this be a somewhat easy task to migrate to? I'm using a plain 2 output timer w/ freeze protection for the pumps and cleaner. I'd need 3 valve controllers, the logic control box and then rewire for it, correct? That would eliminate the aquarite box as well. Along with that, I could incorporate a wireless controller to go with it? That would be super sweet.

Thanks.

I have a similsr set-up and went for the Aqualogic PS-8. That gave me extra relays that I can use in the future for landscape lighting or whatever. The PS-4 might not be enough for your application.

And yes, it will eliminate the SWG box and integrate the SWG into the control box and on board keypad and remote keypad if you go with one for inside the house. Very happy with it.

Mine doesn't control the skimmer valves; I just leave them wide open.

Similar setup and I have the PS-8 and wish I had gone with the PS-16 now that everything is installed and I have lived with it a few years. I could use two more valve actuators (PS-8 only controls 4 and I've used them for pool and spa intake and returns, cleaner, and 1 water feature) since I want to add solar would be nice to control the other water feature by remote.) I do have one relay left. The others are used controlling my equipment--1 speed pump, heatpump, pool light, spa light, fiber optics light, fiber optics color wheel, spa blower, and water features/cleaner pump.
I have two wireless remotes, one floating one for the spa and a wireless tabletop remote that controls everything. They now have a new wireless remote, the AquaPod, that has an LCD screen.

Don't think you really need to automate the skimmer valve. It's not going to be changed much except, perhaps, when vacuuming.

your right on the skimmer valves now that I think about it. The extra relays would be nice at some point I imagine. Right now the pool lights are on the wall of the cabana, normal light switch, as is the air pump for the spa, so those would need to be rewired I guess. It would be trick tho to have it all done up.

Thanks for the help.
Scott

On mine, there was a separate wireless kit for the controller. It basically adds the radio and antenna to the side of the controller box. You can add that at any point.

mas985 said:
On mine, there was a separate wireless kit for the controller. It basically adds the radio and antenna to the side of the controller box. You can add that at any point.

I actually just ordered the ProLogic off the '08 product line. The ProLogic and AquaLogic are virtually the same except the 'Pro' version is setup internally to work with the new Hayward 'Sense & Dispense' product that maintains chl and ph levels automatically.

I ordered the ProLogic PS8, the wireless base and 4 valve actuators. Next month, I'll probably follow up with one of the waterproof remotes and the auto ph adjuster.

The sales dept was worthless tho, couldn't tell me squat about differences of products. Ended up on the tech help line to find out what I needed to know. Once I had my questions answered, I knew which one I needed and what route to take. I'll say I'm glad I made that call though or I would've ended up with the wrong thing and be ******.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.