New Pool Install - Gorilla Pad?

BethyM

Jun 5, 2012
We're joining the club and having a 27' ABG installed. My question right now (I'm sure there are many to come) is about floor liners. Our 'package' already includes the foam coving. There are a couple items that make me think a liner may be necessary but I want to be sure it appropriately addresses my concerns.

1) We have crawfish.. we live in a suburban subdivision in the midwest but apparently the water table is high enough to support these buggers, especially in the spring. I don't believe there are any active craw holes in the pool space at this time, though I'll be checking that and filling them if I find them before installer arrives.

2) A tornado blew out a back window before the house was finished with construction. This left glass all over the place. We've diligently picked it up, but it seems the kids still manage to find a piece here and there. The yard is fairly level, so I'm not sure how much excavation will be necessary. I'm just afraid of getting a beautiful pool up and getting a liner tear.

These may not be real concerns if the ground is excavated a bit, prepared etc -- I guess my question is whether or not it's worthwhile to sink the $$ in something like gorilla pad (I like 1 piece construction). I'm not really interested in doing the foam because of the added cost for the installer plus feeling the tape under the liner.

Thanks!! I've been to PoolSchool and appreciate all the info I've already learned!

I have gorilla pad, if you have real concerns about something potentially poking thru the liner over time than get it, it's peanuts compared to the entire cost of your pool.
Just remember that it's solely for liner protection, there is absolutely no padding/comfort aspect to it at all.

Good luck!!

I would recommend the gorilla pad. It's worth getting it.

Don't worry about the glass. They'll have to excavate a little even if the lawn were perfectly level and that'll take care of anything that may be there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.