New Guy With Some ????

Apr 20, 2008
Hello everyone!
I am the owner of a new agp 7500gal. I am going to use the bbb method. I had my water tested at leslies and the results were:
fac:0
ph:7.4
alk:300
cya:0
they recomended 2lb of cya,to shock the pool with clor brite, and to maintain with a floater using the 3in chlorine tabs. I believe that I do need the cya but from what I gather I can add bleach to do the intial shock and to adjust it afterwords. How much liquid bleach should I use to start with? Oh ya, I used well water for the pool, what other tests should they have done. I plan on getting qa test kit, looking at the the Taylor K-2006.

Thanks!
AL

I would start with a quart of bleach each evening. That amount will get adjusted once you get some CYA in the water.

You need some CYA, stabilizer, I suggest aiming for 30 to 50 ppm. 2 lbs sounds about right.

Starting 24 hours after adding the CYA you should start testing the FC level and adding enough chlorine to bring FC up to 5 or 6.

Your TA (alkalinity) is quite high. That may or may not be an issue for you. Test the PH daily and keep it between 7.2 and 7.8. If PH tends to rise constantly you may need to lower the TA, which will slow the PH increase.

For a test kit I suggest the TF Test Kit, see the link in my signature. The Taylor K-2006 is also a good choice.

Thank you sir,
so has long as I am with in these limits I should not have to shock correct? I will get one of the TF Kits since it looks like it will help the site, how long does it take to ship and arrive if paid by paypal, a couple of days?

Thanks!
al

I will get one of the TF Kits since it looks like it will help the site, how long does it take to ship and arrive if paid by paypal, a couple of days?
The kit will ship the same business day by DHL ground if ordered by 2:00pm.

I can't tell exactly how many days it will take because I don't know where you live.....1-6 days depending on that.

My Test Kit business is seperate from the site. You can help the site by becomeing a lifetime member and then, subsequently, getting a $10.00 discount on the test kit. You'll get lot's of great advice for years to come...............this is rapidly becoming the single best resource on the net for residential pool information.

Many of us are able to go the entire swim season without shocking. Staying ahead of your pool is the secret.

Attachments

• 2012-05-27_20-24-00.jpg
    2012-05-27_20-24-00.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.